Opened in 1971, Jurong Bird Park is the largest bird park in the world, offering a 20.2-hectare hillside haven for 8,000 birds representing 600 species. Its Heliconia Repository, with 108 heliconia species and cultivars in its collection, is one of the largest in the region. With key attractions such as the Bird Discovery Centre, African Waterfall Aviary, Lory Loft Aviary, Southeast Asian Birds Aviary and the award-winning African Wetlands, the Bird Park attracted close to 900,000 visitors in 2009.
Committed towards conservation, the Bird Park is the first in the world to breed the Twelve-wired Bird of Paradise in captivity and received the Breeders’ Award from the American Pheasant and Waterfowl Society in 2001. In 2006, the Bird Park became the recipient of the Conservation & Research Award for the Oriental Pied Hornbill Conservation Project by IV International Symposium on Breeding Birds in Captivity (ISBBC). In Asia, Jurong Bird Park is the only park in the Asia Pacific to have an Avian Hospital. It has a Breeding and Research Centre tasked to ensure the welfare, breeding and promulgation of birdlife and is also an Official Rescue Avian Centre.
MESRC is a Corporate Member of the Jurong Bird Park. The Corporate Feather Friends terms and conditions is indicated below:
Corporate Feather Friends Terms & Conditions
- Each Authorization letter allows 01 staff member and up to 03 other guests free admission to Jurong Bird Park.
- Each Authorization letter can only be used ONCE a day for the date of visit.
- Each user are entitled to book the Corporate Pass once in 3 months subject to availability and accepted on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Authorization Letter and Employee Pass MUST be presented to enjoy membership benefits including free admission to Bird Park.
- Corporate membership does not include parking charges and panorail rides
- Discounts are only for selected items and are not applicable with other special offers and/or promotions.
- All membership discounts are suspended during the first 10 days of the Chinese Lunar New Year
- Discount privileges, terms and conditions, membership rates for corporate membership may be supplemented, amended or terminated without prior notice at the sole discretion of Jurong Bird Park
- Opening hours of Park: 8.30am to 6pm daily.
- Panorail Ride: 8.30am to 6pm(Last train leaves Main Station at 5.45pm).